Have an Account?
You must login or create an account to register for memberships & events.
WAG Beginner Judges Courses
All candidates are expected to complete a workbook and write an open book exam & practical video. No rewrites will be permitted. Successful candidates will be required to purchase JO Compulsory Binder.
Successful candidates who achieve 80% or higher on the written and on min 2 of the 4 events of the practical exam will become a Compulsory Level judge and will be eligible to judge at Level 1-5 meets only.
This course has been modified from a 2 day in-class BJC to a self-directed learning course. ***Attendance is mandatory all day***
Candidates will receive the power point presentation of the BJC and will rely on educational tools i.e. USAG Junior Compulsory Program 2013-2021 (Blue Binder) which can be ordered through USAG web-site. You-tube web-site for sample routines and materials found on the GO web-site at: http://www.gymnasticsontario.ca/wag-judging-forms/ (i.e Level 1-5 Quick Reference Chart etc.).
The one-day course will consist of:
- Review of General Faults and Penalties including “Changes in Prescribed Text” and sample video analysis as well as a question and answer session.
- The second part of the day will consist of an open book written exam and practical exam (video)
- There are no re-writes will be permitted, this is an open book exam.
- No refunds will be given once your registration has been accepted
- You will be contacted by the Lead of BJC who will assist you with questions you may have
Within 2 weeks of the exam:
- Successful candidates who have completed Foundations 1/NCCP Level 1 and achieve 80% or higher on the written and on min 2 of the 4 events of the practical exam, will become a Ontario Compulsory judge and will be eligible to judge at Level 1-5 meets only.
- For those candidates who do not have their Foundations/NCCP Level 1, you will have 3 months in which to receive certification. A copy of the certification for proof of completion must be sent to the WPM at: firstname.lastname@example.org within this time. This is no related to you NCCP locker being updated. Candidates are not permitted to sign up for competitions or be in attendance at a mock meet in the role of a judge until certification is received.
If certification is not completed within 3 months then the candidates will be required to retake the BJC.
Once you have received confirmation of successful completion of course:
- Judges are expected to review all their requirements as well as the rules and regulations for judges which can be found in the Official's Professional Operations and Guidelines
- Compulsory Judges are required to purchase a USAG Compulsory Binder which can be ordered on-line through the USAG Gymnastics website
- Attend a Yearly Maintenance Clinic Women’s Program Manager Assistant-Judging) will contact you directly with information (not applicable for this course)
- Register with GO as a judge (membership services – Kristina Galloway via the unattached form or through your club (if affiliated) in order to be able to be assigned to a judging panel assignment.
|LOCATIONS & DATES:||
Saturday, August 24, 2019
$75 + HST
Affiliated with a Club:
If you are an unattached assessor/judge/coach you must:
STEP 1: Register as an Unattached Member of Gymnastics Ontario by completing the GO unattached membership forms and send it to the Membership Services Manager (email@example.com)
STEP 2: Download and complete the following form UNATTACHED Registration Import Form and send the form below to Women's Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for the Beginner Judges Course you on your behalf. *