Have an Account?
You must login or create an account to register for memberships & events.
Foundations Theory Online Course
Gymnastics Foundations Theory is one of the three necessary components to achieve Gymnastics Foundations Trained status. Online courses are led by an NCCP trained Learning Facilitator and are offered through Gymnastics Ontario's online platform.
This online course will cover the following NCCP modules: Planning a Practice (PP), Emergency Action Plan (EAP), and Making Ethical Decisions (MED).
Prior to attending this online course, registrants must complete the NCCP Emergency Action Plan eLearning activity.
Individuals registered in this course will receive an email with the ZOOM meeting link and detailed instructions a minimum of 24 hours prior to the event. The eLearning materials will be provided to coaches through the online platform.
Notification of withdrawal or transfer from the course must be received no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. Failure to send notification less than 5 business days prior to the course will result in forfeit of the full course registration fee.
Foundations Introduction and Foundations Theory must be completed before a coach may attend any Foundations Sports Specific course.
A valid [unique] personal email should be recorded during the registration process in order to receive all future email communications from Gymnastics Ontario and to gain access to the webinar.
The webinar will split the modules over two days. Coaches must attend both days (full course) to receive course credit. If part or all of a module is missed, the coach will be required to re-register for the full course with no refund option. Coaches will be required to complete both Foundations Introduction and at least one Foundations Sports Specific course in order to be fully Foundations Trained.
- Coaches will be expected to log on and participate for the full duration of the course at the specific times listed in order to receive full course credit. Plan to connect to the training platform 10 minutes prior to the start of the course (both days).
- Minimum 15 years of age
- Coaches must have a valid GO Membership (coach or CIT).
- Completion of the NCCP Emergency Action Plan eLearning module in the Locker prior to the online webinar
- Computer or Laptop is required (no tablets or phones)
- Microphone/speakers or a headset with speakers
- Access to the internet (preferably high speed).
Need help? Refer to our HELP page. Or review the answers to commonly asked questions.