Coach Evaluator Sports Specific Training
Coach Developers are trained to develop, support, and challenge coaches to consistently improve their knowledge and skills in order to provide positive and effective sport experiences for all participants. Coach Developers are experts in learning, as well as experts in coaching.
NCCP Coach Developers include Learning Facilitators, Coach Evaluators, and Master Coach Developers.
The typical pathway for someone who wants to be a Coach Developer involves the following steps:
- Completion of the Make Ethical Decisions (MED) Online Evaluation
- NCCP Core Training: provides Coach Developers with the skills to perform their role
- For a calendar of upcoming training opportunities, please click here
- NCCP Sports Specific Training: this includes micro-facilitation which gives Coach Evaluators an opportunity to practice delivery with their peers
- Co-delivery in the Sports Specific Context (Trained Status)
- Evaluation of the Coach Evaluator (Certified Status): evaluation confirms that the Coach Evaluator is capable of certain abilities which are deemed important in the training of coaches
Coach Evaluator candidates must fill out and submit a complete application package. Application package, along with all accompanying documentation should be sent to the Education Program Manager at Gymnastics Ontario.
Successful applications will be notified via email and awarded a special achievement in Uplifter, which will allow the Coach Evaluator candidate to register for the Coach Evaluator course(s) online. Each discipline for both Artistic and Trampoline will have a separate achievement. Coach Evaluator candidates will only receive permission to register for the course(s) in which they meet the recommended coaching criteria.
Candidates must attend the full course to receive course credit.
Candidates must have a valid GO Membership (coach status) in the same season the course takes place.
A valid [unique] personal email should be recorded during the registration process in order to receive all future email communications from Gymnastics Ontario.
Need help? Refer to our HELP page. Or review the answers to commonly asked questions.