Have an Account?
You must login or create an account to register for memberships & events.
Competition Introduction Online Course
This course covers the multi-discipline Theory modules for Competition 1 (Introduction). The modules offered are equivalent to the old Level 2 Theory requirements for coaches trained under the old Levels system.The course is only open to coaches that are fully Level 1 certified or Foundations trained. Coaches must attend the full course to receive course credit.
The following 4 Theory modules are covered in this course:
- Design a Sport Program
- Basic Mental Skills
- Teaching and Learning
- Sport Nutrition
Coaches must be a minimum 16 years of age to register for this course.
Coaches must have a valid GO Membership (coach) in the same season the course takes place.
Prior to attending this online course, registrants must complete the NCCP Emergency Action Plan eLearning activity.
Individuals registered in this course will receive an email with the ZOOM meeting link and detailed instructions a minimum of 24 hours prior to the event. The eLearning materials will be provided to coaches through the online platform.
Notification of withdrawal or transfer from the course must be received no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. Failure to send notification less than 5 business days prior to the course will result in forfeit of the full course registration fee.
Coaches must also complete the required Sports Specific course to be considered Trained in their discipline. Coaches that have completed Level 2 Technical and require their Theory modules should consider taking this course in order to complete their certification in Level 2. Please note that Theory is part of the in-gym Competition 1 (Introduction) course. Coaches that are planning to take the in-gym course should not take the online training. In-gym fees are part of the course registration fee and cannot be partially reimbursed.
A valid [unique] personal email should be recorded during the registration process in order to receive all future email communications from Gymnastics Ontario and to gain access to the webinar.
The webinar will split the modules over two days. Coaches must attend both days (full course) to receive course credit. If part or all of a module is missed, the coach will be required to re-register for the full course with no refund option.
- Coaches will be expected to log on and participate for the full duration of the course at the specific times listed in order to receive full course credit. Plan to connect to the training platform 10 minutes prior to the start of the course (both days).
- Coaches must be a minimum Level 1 Certified or Foundations Trained
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Coaches must have a valid GO Membership (coach).
- Completion of the NCCP Emergency Action Plan eLearning module in the Locker prior to the online webinar
- Computer or Laptop is required (no tablets or phones)
- Microphone/speakers or a headset with speakers
- Access to the internet (preferably high speed).
Need help? Refer to our HELP page. Or review the answers to commonly asked questions.