Have an Account?
You must login or create an account to register for memberships & events.
WAG Judges Upgrading Courses
***Attendance is mandatory all day***
All candidates are expected to write an open book exam & practical video exam.
No rewrites will be permitted. Successful candidates will be required to purchase JO Optional Binder (if not already owned).
This process includes a brief course in addition to self-directed learning.
Candidates will receive the power point presentation for appropriate levels and will rely on the USAG Junior Olympic Code of Points Program 2013-2018 (Red Binder), which can be ordered through USAG website. In addition, the “gowagjudges” YouTube page for sample routines, and materials found on the GO website at http://www.gymnasticsontario.ca/wag-judging-forms/ can be used.
- Content is based on straight JO rules as utilized in Ontario
- Compulsory judges upgrading to Level 9 will be tested on JO Levels 6, 7, and 8
- Theory and Generalities will be reviewed
- Practice routine judging and review of each apparatus will be immediately followed by the open book practical exam for that event
- After completing all events for the practical exam, the open book written exam will take place
- There will be time allotted for a brief lunch break
- You will be contacted by the Lead of Upgrading who will assist you with questions you may have
Within 2 weeks of the exam:
- Successful candidates completing the Level 6-8 exam who achieve 80% or higher on the written and 80% on at least 2 of the 4 events (with at least 76% on other 2 of the 4 events) of the practical exam will become a Level 9 judge.
Once you have received confirmation of successful completion of course and exam:
- Judges are expected to review all their requirements for their new level in the Professional and Operational Guidelines, which can be found here.
|LOCATIONS & DATES:||
COMPULSORY TO OPTIONAL (Level 6-9)
$75 + HST
Must be a registered member of Gymnastics Ontario.
Please refer to the Professional and Operational Guidelines to verify that you are eligible to upgrade from your current judging level.
Registration is listed below.
Affiliated with a Club:
If you are an unattached assessor/judge/coach you must:
STEP 1: Register as an Unattached Member of Gymnastics Ontario by completing the GO unattached membership forms and send it to the Membership Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
STEP 2: Download and complete the following form UNATTACHED Registration Import Form and send the form below to Women's Program Manager (email@example.com) to register for the Beginner Judges Course you on your behalf. *