Have an Account?
You must login or create an account to register for memberships & events.
WAG Judges Upgrading Courses
***Attendance is mandatory all day***
All candidates are expected to write an open book exam & practical video exam.
No rewrites will be permitted. Successful candidates will be required to purchase JO Optional Binder (if not already owned).
This process includes a brief course in addition to self-directed learning.
Candidates will receive the power point presentation for appropriate levels and will rely on the USAG Junior Olympic Code of Points Program 2013-2018 (Red Binder), which can be ordered through USAG website. In addition, the “gowagjudges” YouTube page for sample routines, and materials found on the GO website at http://www.gymnasticsontario.ca/wag-judging-forms/ can be used.
- Content is based on straight JO rules as utilized in Ontario
- Compulsory judges upgrading to Level 9 will be tested on JO Levels 6, 7, and 8
- Theory and Generalities will be reviewed
- Practice routine judging and review of each apparatus will be immediately followed by the open book practical exam for that event
- After completing all events for the practical exam, the open book written exam will take place
- There will be time allotted for a brief lunch break
- You will be contacted by the Lead of Upgrading who will assist you with questions you may have
Within 2 weeks of the exam:
- Successful candidates completing the Level 6-8 exam who achieve 80% or higher on the written and 80% on at least 2 of the 4 events (with at least 76% on other 2 of the 4 events) of the practical exam will become a Level 9 judge.
Once you have received confirmation of successful completion of course and exam:
- Judges are expected to review all their requirements for their new level in the Professional and Operational Guidelines, which can be found here.
|LOCATIONS & DATES:||
COMPULSORY TO OPTIONAL
$75 + HST
Please refer to the Professional and Operational Guidelines to verify that you are eligible to upgrade from your current judging level.
Registration is being done online.
Affiliated Judges must have their clubs login and register for the upgrading course using the same account that they use to register their participants for GO Memberships.
Unaffiliated/Unattached Judges please complete and send the form below to Women's Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register you on your behalf.